Face coverings must be worn in all indoor public places. This includes on public transport and taxis, and in places where food and drink is served, other than when you are seated to eat or drink.

It applies to everyone aged 11 and over, unless an exception applies. Children under 11 do not have to wear face coverings.

It applies to staff working in indoor public areas and to members of the public entering those public areas.

Welsh Government Guidance:


Face Coverings


You can get a coronavirus test at a drive-through centre or have one delivered through the post


Getting tested for coronavirus (COVID-19) | GOV.WALES




These are the symptoms of coronavirus

– New continuous cough
– High temperature
– Loss of smell and/or taste

If you have ANY symptoms – however mild –

you must book a test right away







Self-Isolation Support Scheme

Businesses Providing Food Deliveries and Services in Ogmore

Many of our local businesses are working hard to provide food deliveries and services across Ogmore during the onging pandemic.   


Chris Elmore MP and I have compiled a list of these local businesses, including restaurants, pubs, cafes, shops and butchers who are offering a number of delivery options for constituents who need food supplies during these unprecedented times.

This is also a really positive way in which we can help support our small businesses that play a crucial role right across Ogmore.

The list is regularly updated, so if you are or if you know a local food delivery service who would like to be added to the list, please get in touch by emailing either:

huw.irranca-davies@senedd.wales or chris.elmore.mp@parliament.uk 

Ogmore food deliveries


Coronavirus Update


When you are eligible for the vaccine, you will be invited to attend a dedicated clinic.

Getting your COVID-19 vaccine | GOV.WALES

Vaccine Roll Out

People are being asked not to contact the GP, local pharmacy or hospital and add unnecessary pressure to their workload.

Full details of Vaccination Programme: COVID-19 vaccination strategy | GOV.WALES

Financial Support for those self-isolating

If you have been contacted by NHS Wales Test, Trace, protect service (TTP) and been told to self-isolate, you may be entitled to financial support through the Welsh Governments “Self-Isolation Support Payment Scheme”.

The scheme is for those on low income, who cannot work from home and must self-isolate and also parents and carers on low incomes with children who are self-isolating.

Applications can be made via your local authority up to 14 days after your self-isolation period has ended.


Read more here about eligibility and how to apply:  https://gov.wales/self-isolation-support-scheme


Bridgend County Borough Council: https://en.eforms.bridgend.gov.uk/SelfIsolationSupportPayment


RCT County Borough Council:  https://bit.ly/38yuOCI


First Minister confirms phased move into Alert Level 1

If the public health situation allows, restrictions will be relaxed again on 21st June

First Minister confirms phased move to alert level one | GOV.WALES

Frequently asked questions

Restrictions from 7 June 2021: frequently asked questions | GOV.WALES

Covid 19 Alert Levels

COVID-19 alert levels | Sub-topic | GOV.WALES


Business and employers: coronavirus

business wales.PNG

Links on image above can be accessed via this link 

COVID-19 Support for Business | Business Wales (gov.wales